Every developer has her own style of programming like some usage imam for declaring an integer variable while some use’num_i’ for announcing the same. Likewise some developers are lazy enough to include comments. These tiny drops when added together can make an ocean of confusion.
Coding standard is establishing one coding style convention for entire project or business and making developers strictly follow it. This is also called programming style or coding conventions. Usually programming styles differ from language to language, but it is much better to establish a single standard for a single language. Later in this article we will discuss ways of communicating standards.
- Simple to understand others code – Because of differing programming styles of developer; it is sometime difficult to read coding done by another person. If all developers starts using same conference this problem can be removed up to a stretch.
- Simple to use and debug program – If c++ obfuscator standard is followed, it will be easy to debug the application because of two factors, firstly some bugs can be completely eliminated which are caused because of inadequate naming and indenting of code, and second, it will be simple to debug programs of fellow developer.
It is important to take into account the second reason occasionally, when debugging, if you are stuck in some point, just ask any of your friend, she will find the error very quickly. This is a result of your blowing off of a portion and considering it is correct, but a second person will attempt to comprehend your logic and will search more extensively than you.
- Increase in productivity – As said earlier that is confronting complains of new worker on his RAD team. This will surely not come to you if your development team is following a coding standard. This way productivity will ascend.
- Decreasing program complexity – Program can get complex not only as a result of logic of application but also as a result of gibberish coding done by the programmer. If greater indenting and naming convention is followed, this issue would not come.
- Staffing Flexibility – New people can be easily added to the job since it is going to not be a problem for new member to begin producing. The only need is to understand the coding criteria.
- Re-use of code – When the code is not complex and based on criteria, an individual can easily re-use it in another project. This re-use can be director with some modification. In any of these two instances coding standards will truly pay-off.